Friday, January 23, 2015

Sweet Potato Muffins


J is about to start his new job next month (more coming soon!
and its going to be very physical for the next four months.  
I have been collecting recipes to help him retain energy and 
his weight while working out heavily.  So, this weekend I decided 
to put my research into practice!  First up: Sweet Potato Muffins.  
They are starchy and packed with sugar to help him power through an active day.


Ingredients:
3 large eggs
⅓ cup sour cream
¾ cup vegetable oil
1 cup mashed sweet potato
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla (I tend to use more)
1½ cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons cinnamon
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon nutmeg
½ teaspoon salt

Streusel Topping:
3 tablespoons unsalted softened butter
¼ cup chopped pecans
3 tablespoons granulated sugar




Instructions:

Preheat the oven to 350°F 

Line a standard muffin pan with paper liners

In a large bowl lightly beat the eggs. 

Next, add the sweet potato mash, vegetable oil, and sour cream.

 Stir well.

Mix in the brown sugar and add vanilla. 

Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt.

Stir until combined.

Divide the batter evenly between the 12 prepared muffin cups.

In a small bowl crumble together the softened butter, chopped pecans, flour, and sugar. 

Sprinkle the topping over all the muffins. 

Bake for 18 minutes



For a healthier version skip the Streusel topping 
and let them go bare.  They are still so delicious!

In the coming weeks I'm going to be practicing my 
domestic cooking skills, if you have any great recipes 
for a guy on the go let me know!  

My "To Feed My Husband" pinterest board is blowing up but 
with 4 months ahead I can never have too many ideas!


{photos and styling by me}

No comments: