Friday, January 16, 2015

The Nature of Isa



A little over a year ago I attended a wedding for one of Justin's cousins.  
It was a lovely winter Oregon wedding and the bride was a dream in her wedding dress,
but her veil was what caught my eye.  It was so beautiful and hard to forget.

Later that night at dinner I was making small talk with the girl next to me,
we talked about how nice the wedding was but when I mentioned 
how much I loved the bride's veil she informed me she was the designer.
So began a blossoming friendship with Allison Johansen 
the creator, owner, and designer behind The Nature of Isa.

A few months later Allison invited me to her shop 
to photograph a couple of pieces for Decor Amor.  It was dreamy.  
Her small urban studio is tucked away in a busy Portland neighborhood.  
Its soft lighting and hints of vintage flair make this space 
an ideal setting for a bride to find her gown.
 
Allison designs and creates each piece.  She does custom work or 
you can try on one of the many samples in her shop.  
She works with lace, tulle, silk, and beading.  

If you are interested in a custom dress I would
highly recommend contacting Allison.  
A custom dress can take as little as three months
from start to finish.  


 


Her dresses range from $1500 - $2500.  
She can do bridesmaid and Mother of the Bride dresses as well.


Allison carefully follows trends and said that right now 
brides are loving gold, hints of color, and tulle.
Sequins are also a big accent piece for 2015 and 2016 brides.

Allison also loves two-piece dresses.  In her shop she has gorgeous 
lace corset tops that can be paired with a skirt.  
Wouldn't that lace top with a silky skirt be perfect for a Mother of the Bride?

Thank you for hosting me Allison!  You make a delicious 
grapefruit Mimosa and you have a real talent and eye for design.

For any brides out there, click the photo below to plan a visit to Allison's shop.  

No matter what dress you end up with you will be a stunning bride but
with Allison's help you will have a dress or veil to remember.

http://www.thenatureofisa.com/

{All Photos by Me}

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this!

Jessica said...

Stunning! Love this post. So well done. I'll definitely keep this in mind. :)

AshleyL. said...

Thanks ladies! One of my favorites for sure! Allison is wonderful and her shop is gorgeous!!!