Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Winter Beauty

The recent cooler weather has taken a toll on my hair and skin.  
After some trial and error I have finally found a couple of products 
that seem to do the trick!  Below are my winter beauty tricks. 
Enjoy!


1. Rosewater

My new favorite product is rosewater.  After a long run I feel sweaty and gross 
and commuting home is the last thing I want to do.  Before I leave the gym I spritz a 
little bit of rosewater on my face.  It helps me smell nice and 
moisturizes my skin.



2. Coconut Oil

I swear by this stuff.  My skin has been terribly dry this winter 
and this is one of the only solutions I have found.  
I put a thin layer on before an outside run in the brisk cold 
and then a thicker layer right before I rinse my face.  
It gets a little greasy but it keeps the moisture in my skin.  
I also use it on my legs after shaving and before bed.  


3. Flaxseed Oil

Ever since my eye doctor recommended flaxseed Oil I've taken it every day.  
It helps keep my super dry eyes feel moisturized and it has 
also helped with my overall complexion.



4. Lavender Oil

A drop or two on my pillow at night helps me sleep like a baby!  
Also, when I start feeling a little under the weather or stressed 
I put a couple of drops in a steamy shower and let my worries melt away.


5. Mayonnaise (gross... I know)

This is one trick I'm a little grossed out by.  
Blake Lively recently said the trick behind her shiny locks was mayonnaise.  
Her hair is pretty perfect so I had to give it a shot.  I spent 20 nauseating minutes 
in a mayo mask.  I followed this tip and added a little vanilla extract 
which helped the smell.  After shampooing three times (seriously) to get it all out 
my hair was noticeably shiny-er and healthier looking.   I probably won't do it 
very often but I will do it again.  Thanks Blake Lively! {directions here}


2 comments:

Jessica said...

Yes... Coconut oil I love and will never ever live without again. Same for flax! I'm glad you liked the rose water! Maybe I will have to try that now too... XO.

AshleyL. said...

The rose water is so refreshing!!! Highly recommended ;)