Friday, February 6, 2015

Baked Oatmeal


My aunts in Alaska make the  b e s t  baked oatmeal!  
It tastes a lot like bread pudding (my favorite!).  
Its easy to make on the weekend and then warm up 
each morning for an on the go breakfast.

Below is my family's recipe. 


Ingredients:
    
1 Cup Cooking Oil or Butter
    
1 Cup Honey
   
4 Eggs Beaten
      
6 Cups Rolled Oats
     
4 tsp Baking Powder
    
1 tsp Salt

2 tbl Chia Seeds (optional)
       
2 Cups of Almond Milk (or regular)


Directions:
     
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
    
Combine wet ingredients in a bowl
        
Combine dry ingredients in a larger bowl
      
Mix both bowls together in the larger bowl
       
Pour into a greased 9 x 13 pan
     
Cook for up to 45 or until slightly golden on top


Refrigerate after cooling.  
This amount lasts all week for my husband and I.  
He loves to warm it up with milk and peanut butter.  
I prefer almond milk with shredded coconut.  
You could also top with maple syrup, cranberries,  
blueberries,  or apple slices.  The possibilities are endless!
Enjoy!

{photos and styling by me}

No comments: