Monday, March 23, 2015

Italy (200 days later)


This past weekend I realized that I never shared my Italy photos... 
it's never too late right?!


Our first stop was Rome.  I loved the old buildings and ruins.  
My favorite part was seeing the Pope.  He seems pretty cool.  
Our favorite neighborhood was Trastevere.  Its the idealistic Italian 
neighborhood with windy backstreets and alleys that you could get happily lost in. 


Cinque Terre stole my heart.
From its Mediterranean beaches, fizzy wine, and pesto 
I was sold the minute I stepped off the train into torrential rainfall.  
Once the clouds cleared we were in heaven!  The town of Corniglia was our favorite.


Tuscany was as beautiful as I had imagined.  
The vineyards and Olive trees were spectacular.  
We loved the museums and seeing David in person 
was way more inspiring than I had imagined it to be.  
He's truly an incredible piece.

J and I loved Italy.  
If you are planning a trip and want any tips you can ask away!  
But truly experiencing it for yourself is the best way to see this amazing country.

 Ciao xo

{photos by me }

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I loved Italy too. Rome absolutely has my heart, but all of Italy is so beautiful that I would be so happy to be anywhere. My first trip to Italy included visiting and somewhat hiking the Cinque Terre and it was absolutely beautiful. Great photos!

Sarah
Sweet Spontaneity

Unknown said...

I loved Italy.. I still haven't shared pics from 5 years ago, it's on my todo list. Cinque Terre stole my heart too. How do you get your photos to look like that with a slight fade on it?

AshleyL. said...

Sarah: Couldn't agree more! I can't choose an exact favorite spot because they are all so different and amazing. Thanks for stopping by!

Honey - Share away! I look forward to seeing them. I use an app called A Beautiful Mess but I also edit them on my computer to make them all consistent :)