Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Blueberry Banana Quinoa Muffins


These muffins should be called "how many healthy things can I 
fit in the title muffins", but instead lets just call them 
Blueberry Banana Quinoa Muffins.

They are delicious and healthy!
I eat one about an hour before I leave work and they 
stick with me through a hard workout.


3 bananas 
9 oz. of fresh blueberries
1/2 cup of apple sauce
1/2 cup of almond milk
1/3 cup of honey
1/8 cup of maple syrup
1 tbls of vanilla extract
1 cup of cooked quinoa
2 1/2 cups of oats
1 tsp of cinnamon
2 tbls of chia seeds
1 apple, peeled and chopped into bits


- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees and line a 
muffin tin with paper cups

- Place all three bananas and all of the blueberries into a 
food processor and blend until smooth

- Mix the wet ingredients in a large bowl (applesauce, bananas, 
blueberries, almond milk, honey, vanilla)

- Mix the dry ingredients in another bowl (cooked quinoa, 
oats, cinnamon, chia seeds, chopped apple)

- Slowly add the mixed, dry ingredients into the wet ingredients

-Fill each paper cup to the top (they don't rise) and 
cook for 20 - 25 minutes

- Let cool and refrigerate to keep longer

**this recipe usually makes 12 - 18 muffins depending on the size 
of the paper cup and how much you fill them




These are seriously so good.  I've been craving blueberries 
all week so this really hit the spot.  I cannot wait to pick them 
fresh again this summer (like that one post here).

I hope your Wednesday treats you well 
xo

{photos, recipe, and styling by me}

No comments: