Friday, May 8, 2015

Chocolate Stout Cake


Last week we celebrated my beer-loving, hard working, and oh so 
appreciated husband's birthday.  So, naturally I made him a 10 pound 
beast of a cake and shared it with both of our families and eight friends.  
That's a lot of cake.


As much as I would love to tell you that I stuck to my dairy-free diet 
and made a cake from scratch, I can't.  I made cake from a box.  
Similar to this one.


Had I have had more time or a husband who doesn't love 
box cake I would make the one I found on Blogging Over Thyme.  
Next time I'm definitely going to make this one
Yum!


Also, cheers to all the moms out there!  
This would be a great cake to celebrate with!

{photos & styling by me}

4 comments:

Gracey Williams said...

oh my GOD that looks so freaking good. 10 pounds?! That's insane!

Breakfast at Gracey's

Unknown said...

Looks really good. Gotta try making a cake with beer. Happy birthday to your husband.

Eatlovemerry said...

These cake look amazing! xo

www.eatlovemerry.com

Unknown said...

After I studied a few of the posts on your site now, and I truly enjoy your style .



Fat Cutter Powder
asthijivak
Fat Cutter